It's Friday, March 19, and we are giving away the books donated by Page Turners bookstore. We have big bags for you to carry them away in. Plus there's muffins.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Monday, March 15, 2010
The used bookstore on C Street is closing, and on Friday afternoon the proprietor gave us 15 boxes of paperback books.
They are mostly not in good enough shape for adding to the library collection, but perfectly excellent for reading. We are figuring out how to organize a GIANT BOOK GIVEAWAY. Stay tuned.
Friday, March 5, 2010
- Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe receives award for restoration work
- Tribe Spurns Offer From Cape Wind To Pay $1 Million; also No agreement between Wampanoags and Cape Wind
- Oneida Nation Wins Partial Court Battle
- Stillaguamish Valley museum putting out its welcome mat
- Landmark Klamath River restoration and dam removal agreements signed, also Special Report: Klamath Agreements
Save the date: Thursday, March 11, 4 PM.
4:00 Open House
4:30 Dinner Prayer
5:00 Dinner Served
"Open House in the dining hall; Displays/Booths explaining tribal programs will be set up.
"In the Gym we will open with a prayer, then serve dinner. Elders will be served by youth, then tables will be called to serve themselves.
"Singing and Dancing, speeches and the Keynote Speaker will be during dinner.
Sponsored by the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe and Port Angeles School District."