Here are some links to interesting stories. (Most of these came to us via Twitter...)
- A story on NPR: Four Days, Nights: A Girls' Coming-Of-Age Ceremony on the Yankton Sioux/Ihanktonwan Oyate Reservation in South Dakota
- Seattle Times has a nice editorial about the Elwha River restoration
- Rosetta Stone, the language-teaching software manufacturer, has issued a version in Navajo. Story from Farmington Daily Times, Navajo language software hits the market.
- Tim Montler continues faithfully posting a Klallam Word of the Day to Twitter and to Facebook every day.
- Fascinating story about the Cayugas buying land and building houses in their original territory in Seneca Falls, New York. "It’s the first time a Cayuga Indian has lived on the nation’s aboriginal territory since the tribe fled from the area more than 200 years ago, said Clint Halftown, the nation’s federally recognized representative."
- Story from the Tahlequah Daily Press about technological access to the Cherokee language, Cherokees keep up with technology.
- There is always an array of Northwest stories on the Indian Country Today website...