We spent some of our last IMLS basic grant money on new DVDs for kids. Come and get 'em.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
No foolin': some of them are actually new this year! Use this link to see all our DVDs listed. (Click for a larger image).
As always, please consider giving the library the DVDs you have at home which you are not planning to watch again...
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Here are some links to interesting stories. (Most of these came to us via Twitter...)
- A story on NPR: Four Days, Nights: A Girls' Coming-Of-Age Ceremony on the Yankton Sioux/Ihanktonwan Oyate Reservation in South Dakota
- Seattle Times has a nice editorial about the Elwha River restoration
- Rosetta Stone, the language-teaching software manufacturer, has issued a version in Navajo. Story from Farmington Daily Times, Navajo language software hits the market.
- Tim Montler continues faithfully posting a Klallam Word of the Day to Twitter and to Facebook every day.
- Fascinating story about the Cayugas buying land and building houses in their original territory in Seneca Falls, New York. "It’s the first time a Cayuga Indian has lived on the nation’s aboriginal territory since the tribe fled from the area more than 200 years ago, said Clint Halftown, the nation’s federally recognized representative."
- Story from the Tahlequah Daily Press about technological access to the Cherokee language, Cherokees keep up with technology.
- There is always an array of Northwest stories on the Indian Country Today website...
Thursday, September 2, 2010
...but more than that we really really want to invent a reason to use the Google SearchStory tool to make one of our own!